Since I started this blog, I've traveled to New York City, to California, to Washington, and all over my home state. Since I started this blog, I graduated high school and started college, and now I'm a semester away from being halfway to a Bachelor's. Since I started this blog, I've accomplished things. I've actually done things. What a relief to look back on the last three years of my life and realize that. I've grown.
This blog has helped me make friends, meet new people, and be pointed in the direction of other people's life stories that have uplifted me, changed me, and inspired me to be more creative, more expressive, more kind, and more thoughtful. This blog helped me get a scholarship, and helped me realize in a sudden blaze of flabbergastery that I am in fact not an abominable writer. (And that's all I can ask for.) One of the scholarship's conditions was that I take a class that changed my life, changed my mind as a writer, and gave me confidence, the worth of which I cannot begin to say.
While this blog and I have been in a constant wrestling match these three years (and I'm getting sick of the singlet) I can't say I regret starting this blog. In fact, I think I can say that I am glad I started this blog. There! You had to wait three years for me to say it outright, but there you go! I am.
And I am immensely grateful not only for everything I've learned nor for all the ways I've grown along the journey, but I am immensely grateful I get to have such wonderful traveling/wrestling partners. Thank you for commenting, both online and in person, thank you for laughing and punching the air and vomiting and running around in circles and contemplating lifeloveandthepursuitofeverythinggolden with me; but thank you, especially, for reading.
Peace and blessin's.
Fruit Tree -- Nick Drake
Just found your blog. This is a beautiful post. I sometimes feel silly admitting that I blog and that I LOVE it, but it has helped me document my life in a way that otherwise would not be possible. Now I'm going to go read all about your journeys!
ReplyDeleteAnd this is why I adore blogging! Congrats on 300!
ReplyDelete