1.06.2013

ch-ch-ch-changes

Yeah. I just wrote that title.

I still get little-kid excited about the first day of school. New friends to make, new classrooms to sit in, new books to read, new teachers to moon over. There's a buzz in the air. A jump in the fingertips. New things to learn.

This semester will be different. I'm not taking as many classes, almost none of the ones I was hoping. I have another new job, touching books all day long. I'm living at home, but even that might change.

A mission call's being assigned this week.

I have a lot to look forward to and a lot to be nervous about. Friends are leaving on missions, many have returned and are starting their own lives up again. As usual, life is somehow both incredibly sad and immeasurably happy, and I'm living somewhere in the middle trying to keep from exploding, with middling success.

So, happy 2013. May it be one to remember.

Funtimes in Babylon -- Father John Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment