What the heck?
I got an award?
Psh. Yeah right.
Oh. Um. Okay. You weren't kidding. Sorry, that's awkward.
Haha. Ha. Heh. *Ahem.*
Well, uh, thanks Carlie. Sure wasn't expecting that. Seeing as how I like never blog anymore. (And how you still haven't critiqued that poem I gave you. HA! Gotcha there!) And so now I, like you, feel obligated to blog a little bit more. (Was that your plan all along?)
Well, part of the rules of this very prestigious "Best Blogger! (lol)" award (yeah, an award with rules: talk about a rip-off) is that I have to give it away to five others.
Here's the deal.
Most of the blogs I follow are not ran by people I know. Or have any real connections to. Or have ever spoken to, electronically or otherwise. (That's not to say I don't read my friends blogs--the reality of the matter is that I follow about seven million blogs. The likelihood of the majority being ran by people I'm friends with just doesn't exist.) So, as most of these stranger-blogs have at least 500+ followers, "giving" them something like this would just be awkward. Imagine, for example, being Rockstar Diaries Lady and opening up your blog to see about a hundred new comments, and one of them is from a stranger. Nbd, strangers comment on here all the time, you think to yourself. And then you see that this stranger has, so magnanimously, bestowed upon you an award for Best Blogger. You sit for a minute and watch as your blog receives eight more comments in the half-minute interval you pause to consider this development. And the only thing you think is... "Well, duh."
Yeah. Exactly.
Normally, I would just direct you to my "better words" tab to sift through some of my links for good blogs to get out of this awkwardness. But it's been eons since I updated that thing, and I really really need to do so. So you can go there if you'd like, I guess, but just know it'll improve in the near future. Thanks, Carlie, for this because it's reminded me to do so.
So anyway. This is my list of best bloggers. No, some of you may not update all that frequently, but the thing is, whenever you come up on my feed I get excited to read what you've posted. So that makes you, dear friends, the best of bloggers in my opinion.
1. Hannah (& Mallory) from the diaries of a fly on the wall
2. Holly from {aych-oh-el-el-why}
3. Lindsay from lindsay. (Go figure.)
4. Chelsie from Home Sweet Somewhere
5. Audrey from Audrey Suzanne
Pass it along, if you feel like it. And if you don't, I guess that's okay too, but just know the Blogger gods will be very displeased with your discourtesy.
Also, I'll write a real blog post soon. I'll be sure and include a discourse on shattered glass, some thoughts about swift quadrupeds, and maybe even some cougar-related excitement! STAY TUNED!
Montezuma -- Fleet Foxes
hey, lindsey, thank you. i appreciate it. i want to tell you that i think you're one of the best writers. ever. i usually don't love reading blogs of people i don't really know (we're opposite here.. they kind of tend to annoy me. haha.) but i absolutely love yours and get excited every time you post. your style is so unique to blogging. you're creative. it gives me something to look forward to in the blogging world.
ReplyDeleteanywayzzz, that was awkwardly long..?
love,
your fan girl,
hannah