It's that time when we eat on the back porch under the breathing umbrella and the sun sets quietly without its attendant veils and shawls of clouds to burn with the passion of its departure. Tonight I'm going to take a book to the bath and comb my hair and write and go on a just-after-dark walk and play with all those romantic fantasies in my head in the moonlight, that of walking or riding away over the mountains as if beyond it lay not a valley full of voices and lights and whirring sounds but a valley of silence and sagebrush, stretching to the edges of sight looking flat and thin as paper in the light of the rising moon.
(I've come to the conclusion that my writing is greatly affected by whatever I'm reading at the time. And right now I'm playing with McCarthy-esque sentence structure and liking the way it flows.) (Also, not
the HUAC McCarthy.
The other McCarthy.)
Perth -- Bon Iver
Wow, you write really well. Will you please write a book so I can read it and take tips from you? :) Thanks for giving me your blog address!
ReplyDelete