4.06.2012

Take My Whole Life, Too

I have lots to say and no time to say it. And lots of guilt for never posting on this blog. To pass the time until I feel like writing something substantial, soothe your ears with these recent-discovery babies of mine.


^^^ Some truly pretty stuff from our old favorites, up there. ^^^


All My Days -- Alexi Murdoch. Quite Nick Drake-ey, especially in this song, very Irish, and very very good.


Águas de Março -- Elis Regina. This lady. Truly phenomenal. (Side note: for those of you [like me] not familiar with Portuguese, initial "r"s are pronounced "h" or like the Spanish "j". Meaning you would pronounce her last name "Heh-ʒeen-ah". Who knew, right?? [I work with a kid from Brazil. Pretty much all we talk about is language. It's pretty great.])

Montana -- Youth Lagoon. All of their stuff is amazing, but this song in particular is especially good. Unfortunately, Blogger is in many ways the worst. Just click on the link and it'll take you to a little film film made by some kids from my high school. Actually, they still go to my high school, so I don't actually know them. But it's a beautiful thing, beautiful song. If you want another one, listen here.

And finally, on a night like tonight, a good Innocence Mission cover of a good song from a good movie never goes astray.


Happy listening to all and to all a good almost-done-with-school-time!

I think you'll understand why I think posting a song recommendation here would be just plain annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! I'm working on a blog and wondering how you formatted your could blog title--with two colors, nice font, etc. Was it hard or is it a simple fix?

    ReplyDelete