8.09.2012

Hey, this is crazy

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but I bet you didn't. There are too many good things out there for you to notice my little absence. Me and the blog are having a bit of an existential tiff at the moment, but I just thought I'd drop in after months of conscious silence to share with you this little gem.... or not-so-gem, you can decide. Because it's a poem! Written by me! Published by The Provo Orem Word!
Normally I wouldn't do this shameless social media self-promotion at all if it weren't for one little crazy twist of fate. If you go to the table of contents, you'll see there are two poems in this edition. One by me, and one by none other than the truly great Susan Elizabeth Howe, MY VERY OWN POETRY PROFESSOR LAST SEMESTER.  Maybe you don't think it's that crazy ("how many people can there be in Provo/Orem that actually care about poetry? I mean really??") ("I mean it's just your professor, it's not like you guys are best friends or anything") but I think it rather poetic (and humbling) that the first non-BYU publication that accepted my poetry also chose to publish my professor/mentor/friend's in the same edition. If you must read one poem today, read hers, because it is amazing. So go check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful...It is a gift to see that way

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful poem. congrats on being published Lindsey!

    PS: "I know it's been a while, but I bet you didn't"... haha. I love that. You are so witty.

    ReplyDelete