8.21.2011

Obligatory Packing Post Vol. II

Right now, I've got The Beatles and Mystical Celtic Songs of Love, Valor, and Legend on some serious heavy rotation.
(Thank you, Stumbleupon. You know just what I like. Love, Valor, and Legend. My three very favorite things in the whole world.)
(Also, I've always wondered what heavy rotation means. I think of, like, putting a cinderblock disk in a gramophone. Or a pregnant woman on a carousel.)

Packing's been a lot less surprising than last year. I can say the most interesting thing I found so far has been a naked London postcard from this girl I forgot about. But I can say the distance I've managed to scatter my entire supply of hair ties, bobby pins, and unfiled missionary letters is pretty impressive. If I do say so myself.

Ohhhhhh I wish I could talk about the INSANE people I work with. But I never know who's gonna come across my little corner of the internet, so I have to stay on the safe side with this one. Just... If you want to hear about them, call me up or approach me on campus. We'll probably have to get lunch and you might need to sleep over at my house for me to be able to do justice to all the stories I have so far. And it's only been a week. All the things we've seen and it's only eight in the morning!

OH YEAH I MOVE OUT TOMORROW.
OH YEAH MY OTHER HALF-MARATHONERS DITCHED ME.
OH YEAH MY HALF-MARATHON IS IN THREE WEEKS. TWO. THREE. I CAN'T REMEMBER.
I'M LOSING IT.
losing it.
I'm gonna go listen to Kit's Tune/ When A Knight Won His Spurs and hold my dog closely and sway and make up fake memories about the Old Country and then reminisce on those fake memories. And then I think I'll make up a drinking song and sing it to the moon with a glass of porter milk in my hand. Yes. That is exactly what I want to do with the rest of my last night in the 'Pine.
Oooh. I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it.


I've Just Seen A Face -- The Beatles

2 comments:

  1. I love being known as the naked postcard girl.
    And that was not sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Flynn Rider quote :) It's sad you're leaving the ward, but I'm glad you have fun plans. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete