And guess what?
Have you noticed yet?
I'm using capitals again.
See, lately, with finals week approaching and moving home approaching and summer approaching and a summer job approaching, I've been thinking a lot about my goals and what I want to change about things. And I guess consistent capitalization is one of them.
The other things? Well, I'm hoping to run a marathon by fall; or at least a half-marathon. Which means a lot of waking up early and a lot of eating good foods. Which I'm actually very much okay with. The not-okay-with-part is the going to bed early part. Which I've become worse and worse at this semester. But, I'm going to do my best to change that this summer.
Also, I've been thinking I need to change some study things. For instance, I want to set aside time in the mornings to run, read my scriptures, and write. All those things in the morning. Because the morning is the best time of day to do all those things (it's the best time of day period, but moving on) and plus I feel most productive in the morning and I'm going to force myself to feel most creative in the mornings, too. Because otherwise, I feel most creative at night, circa 11:30 till whenever I fall asleep. That needs to change. Because then I stay up all night writing or drawing or otherwise postponing sleep, which is a bad thing. BAD THING. Sleep is my friend. And so are the mornings. I must make the sacrifices.
ALSO, I've been thinking about various travel plans. As in, road trips. As in, CAMPING ON THE BEACH IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. And other things like that. I want to be a hiking MANIAC.
Ha. Can you tell there are a lot of things I want to "be"? I won't deny reality and say that my fantasies will all come true, because I know they won't. But, I am still in control. While I may not be perfect, I can still make some of these goals come true.
Okay, I also know that's not a very accomplishment-oriented way to look at things either. I guess what I'm saying is I'm determined and excited to make some changes in my life, but not expecting me to become a whole different person in the course of one summer.
But I can get on the path, right?
Pavane pour un infante defunte, 1889 -- Maurice Ravel
America -- Simon and Garfunkel
Carolina in My Mind -- James Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment