It feels so good to be home. So good to be done with finals. So good to have nothing to think about except making money and making road trip plans and finishing my summer reading list. I've missed my attic room, my sagebrush-green walls, my huge bed that creaks
every single time I move, and the dried roses hanging by my bed, and the posters of bands I loved in 8th grade still hanging on the wall. I've missed the
greenness of everything. I mean, Provo isn't exactly a metropolis, but I like my open spaces and my trees, and Provo still has far too many buildings for my taste. And while I'm excited to go back to college and make new friends and learn awesome things, I find myself not wanting to think about going back. Not yet. I like trail-running and fence-hopping and rock-skipping and blossom-counting too much to be willing to leave it all again just yet.
Nearly four months. INCREDIBLE.
Sunrise -- Norah Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment