11.30.2009

LEGITIMACY

i experienced the most chill concert i have ever.... well... experienced on friday night. it was fantastic. don't get me wrong, i'll always have a soft spot in my heart for a mosh pit, but sometimes just sitting and listening isn't so bad either. the most vigorous actions in the crowd were the occasional headbang -- most of us just stood and nodded in time to the beat. and that's not because the bands were bad or boring; on the contrary. i think maybe they were so good that people didn't want to be distracted by running around.
the bands? as tall as lions and minus the bear.
as tall as lions: easily one of my favorite bands ever. unfortunately, we arrived in time to only hear  two or three songs, but it was still pure bliss. they have the sexiest rhythm patterns. (pardon my obscene language.)
minus the bear: i will explain. please refer to the picture.
1. he looked like a hick. it was kind of cool.
2. yes, the bassist was sitting down. they said it was because of spinal issues, but i think they were lying. and he had the oddest hairdo ever.
3. normally, unless he takes his shirt off or throws something, one rarely notices a drummer in concerts. they're kind of situated in the back and just sit there pounding away. however, this drummer was INCREDIBLE. without him there, or even with just another drummer, the song would have been completely different. and suckish. (pardon the second obscenity.)
4.okay. OKAY. OKAY. this guy. was the most awkward individual i have ever seen. he had -12 stage presence. it was absolutely hilarious.

that's all, really.
listen to both bands. very tasty stuff.

4 comments:

  1. One day I took your advice, and I got a bunch of music by M. Ward.
    BEST THING I EVER DID!
    So I think I need to check out Minus the Bear.

    I have As Tall As Lions on my iPod but I guess I've never given them a chance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I took your advice and got new songs by M.Ward.
    BEST THING I EVER DID!
    So now I think I must check out Minus the Bear... hopefully they are as great as you make them sound, which I don't doubt.
    I have As Tall As Lions on my Ipod but I guess I've never really given them a chance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to approve my comments??? wow the things I never knew.

    Sorry that means I wrote the same thing twice. Excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as tall as lions are WAY better. but minus the bear is good.
    and m. ward is easily EASILY one of the best.

    ReplyDelete